VMware Cloud Community
NFerrar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue deploying vRNI 5.3.0 through vRSLCM 8.1.0.25

Hi,

Has anyone successfully deployed Network Insight v5.3.0 from vRSLCM 8.1? I get a failure on an infrastructure pre-validation check for available disk space, however the vSAN datastore being targeted has almost 80TB free (I've tried it thin and thick with the same result and to a smaller datastore also gives the same error). We have successfully deployed Identity Manager v3.3.0 and vRA v8.1.0 through vRSLCM to the same datastore.

The only thing different I can think of with vRNI v5.3.0 is it wasn't supported initially with vRSLCM v8.1 but I added the product update pack from VMware Solution Exchange  to enable support for it. The v5.3.0 binaries mapped OK and every other validation check passes.

I've got a case open with VMware support but they've not provided much help so far (there are no vSAN health issues and the datastore is mapped to all hosts in the cluster). I'm going to import the vRNI v5.2.0 binaries shortly and will try to deploy from those instead, I was just curious if anyone had successfully deployed vRNI v5.3.0 fresh via vRSLCM v8.1 or if there's something I'm missing as to why that's not supported (VMware Product Interoperability Matrices  indicates to me it should be?).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NFerrar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just a follow-up on this...

I tried with vRNI v5.2 Thick instead but same issue, tried v5.2 Thin and it passed the validation checks but failed instantly on submit with a "failed to save details. please try again" error. VMware support advised changing the environment name I was using (but without saying why or to what) I guessed and removed the space from it but this was a couple of days later and in the meantime a colleague had changed the deployment request back to v5.3 Thin - it now passed the checks and deployment was successful.

So I still don't understand why previous attempts with v5.3 Thin didn't work (let alone why Thick to an 80TB datastore doesn't work) but at least it deployed in the end. If I get a chance later I'll see if a space in the environment name was the cause but seems unlikely to me...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have the same question and I also facing the same issue. If anyone has any guide and helpful site please share here. Thanks

0 Kudos