VMware Cloud Community
johnbreVW
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error trying to upgrade vRA using vrLCM - nullPointerException

I am facing a rather frustrating issue.  In our Sandbox environment, I am trying to perform the vRealize Suite Upgrade using vRLCM.  vRLCM seems to be in good health, I have successfully upgraded it to 2.0.  Then I have used it to successfully upgrade vROPS to 7.0 and vRealize Log Insight to 4.7.

But when I attempt to upgrade vRA to 7.5 (which I am most excited to try) the pre-check fails with the following error:

LCMVRASYSTEM55023: Generic system error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.performJavaAndPowershellPrecheck(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:556)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.checkIaaSUpgradePrecheck(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:301)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.plugin.core.vra70.task.VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.execute(VraPreUpgradeCheckTask.java:161)

at com.vmware.vrealize.lcm.platform.automata.core.ExecutionTask.run(ExecutionTask.java:41)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have tried to look through the logs but could find nothing of relevance.

Does anyone have any tips on where to begin the troubleshooting - or what logs to look in?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is fixed in the latest patch for LCM 2.0 (LCM 2.0 Patch 1). Please refer to VMware Knowledge Base for details on the patch.

It is also available at - https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is fixed in the latest patch for LCM 2.0 (LCM 2.0 Patch 1). Please refer to VMware Knowledge Base for details on the patch.

It is also available at - https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/patch

0 Kudos