VMware Cloud Community
sposs
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Suite products and Load Balancer integration

Hello! I have a question regarding how to configure an A10 load balancer for vRealize suite products in cluster mode. On vmware official site (for vRA for example) I only see configurations for NSX, F5, netscaler.

Is a10 supported?

any help?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atusmenezes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

There is no doc like one provided to NSX, F5, etc. But you can configure A10 following the same specification of any load balancer listed in that doc.

Just a note, I worked in a customer that used A10 as LB Solution for vRA 7.x and we had several intermittency problems with user sessions. Unfortunately I can not confirm if the problem was caused by A10, or if the customer had some problems with its network, but after migrate to an NSX LB, the problem never happened again.

I believe you can try A10 following the configuration characteristics of the other LBs, but keep an eye on the behavior of the solution.

0 Kudos
sposs
Contributor
Contributor

ok thanks a lot.

Another question regarding vIDM in cluster mode. When installing it within Lifecycle Manager, we are prompted with a DB IP to be inserted. This ip can be the same as for example the primary node IP? I now have 4 IP allocated for my vIDM cluster

- 3 IPs for the primary and secondary nodes

- 1 IP for load balancer

I have to allocate another free IP (on the same VLAN of the VMs IP?) for the database Ip?

How this ip will be used? The documentation was not so clear on this point.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos