VMware Cloud Community
Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vROPS Service Discovery Management ??

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to get some feedback around the Operations Service Discovery Management Pack for vRops it's visibility and or usefulness. The environment is running on v6.5 base and will be going to the current Update 2 at some point.

My main concerns around this management pack are;

It seems to be very heavy on the VMs compared to VIN, both on performance impact and leaving footprints ie. event log.

The amount of information given is not worth it. Give very little in terms of services and what objects they communicate with.

Please let me know of  any other issues experience.

Also, has anyone managed to run VIN successfully on v6.5?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Just my two cents here, but it isn't ready for prime time yet. It has lots and lots of gaps and lots of problems as well making it not very useful. I hope they dramatically enhance it because it's nowhere near as functional as VIN was.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Just my two cents here, but it isn't ready for prime time yet. It has lots and lots of gaps and lots of problems as well making it not very useful. I hope they dramatically enhance it because it's nowhere near as functional as VIN was.

0 Kudos
Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fair enough, that seemed to have been the general consensus.

What about trying to run VIN 5.8.X on v6.5, any luck? I've only seen like 1 reference to it where the person was supposedly able to, but no info on how.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Nope, won't work. Or, at least, won't work properly.

0 Kudos