VMware Cloud Community
RiccardoP
Contributor
Contributor

vRA Cluster Resource Expansion

Hi everyone. I stood up a vRA cluster (medium size, with 12CPU/48GM RAM per node) and was wondering if there are any issues increasing the resources at this stage. Cluster has been stood up for about a year or so, and I notice I am getting CPU lockups within the console of the nodes, and have been getting high CPU utilization alarms within vSphere. I would like to know if I can safely expand to, say, an extra-large profile for example (24CPU/96GB RAM). This cluster was deployed via LCM, so my plan was to shut the cluster down via LCM, change the resources, then power back on via LCM. I also have load balancing setup for this cluster, and within NSX, I notice that I am constantly having issue with my vra-https virtual server and in turn, my VRA server pool (node 1 of 3 shows as degraded). I am not sure giving this cluster more resources would solve the issue, but to me, it seems like it may be under-provisioned. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I may have another issue, so if anyone has seen something similar, would love to hear what the cause and the fix was. Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thread reported to moderators, it needs moving to the area for vRA since it's not about a vSphere security advisory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
RiccardoP
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, first time posting on here. 

0 Kudos