VMware Cloud Community
ethanmao200123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VRA 8.2 email notification after deployment completed

Hi 

Does anyone know what to do about that email notification to requester once deployment completed?

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We email the requestor with a vRO workflow.  We may want to send different details depending on success or failure, so we subscribe to the deployment.request.post topic for failures (so only if the status is failed) and to compute.provision.post for successes (the last blocking subscription we run in our build process).

And for us, we can use the __metadata_userName parameter to get their email address.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We email the requestor with a vRO workflow.  We may want to send different details depending on success or failure, so we subscribe to the deployment.request.post topic for failures (so only if the status is failed) and to compute.provision.post for successes (the last blocking subscription we run in our build process).

And for us, we can use the __metadata_userName parameter to get their email address.

0 Kudos
ethanmao200123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. That's good to me. but there is a problem when I do refresh token as pic as local admin account. did anyone suggest? 

02.png

0 Kudos
ethanmao200123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is a DNS issue. now I fix it by etc hosts file to get token succesffully

0 Kudos