VMware Cloud Community
royaltigerfan
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic fields not populating

We have several dynamic fields in vRA blueprints that have been imported into ServiceNow using the ITSM plugin. However, the fields themselves never seem to populate. The properties themselves transfer over in the ServiceNow catalog request, but the values of those properties aren't making it. I am looking for some assistance as in troubleshooting why these dynamic fields aren't populating as they should. We are running release 3 of the ITSM plugin which states that it supports dynamic fields.

The ServiceNow plugin seems to be making the calls into vRA to grab the values, it just seems nothing is ever making it back into ServiceNow.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

More details around the type of Dynamic Property? Data type Display as External Script action (OOTB or custom?)

0 Kudos
royaltigerfan
Contributor
Contributor

Right now we have static drop downs that determines what is populated in a second drop down based on // via vRO action.

So the dynamic fields wait for static drop downs to be populated in vRA before the vRO action occurs to provide the proper dynamic field to vRA through a vRO action.

0 Kudos
itviktor
Contributor
Contributor

We are having a similar problem in the environment I support.  Additionally, the form is extremely slow to populate in ServiceNow

0 Kudos
shaikabdul
Contributor
Contributor

We are looking into it.We will let you know once we are done with our analysis.

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi royaltigerfan

Can you share snap for this custom property from both ServiceNow and vRA with dropdown value visible if any?

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi royaltigerfan

Can you provide requested details?

0 Kudos
royaltigerfan
Contributor
Contributor

We are getting a 400 series error when it tries to pull back the data for the dynamic field;  Normal dynamic fields work fine, but the ones that are failing use other fields for input into the VRO workflow (i.e. an input parameter is given based on another field). 

Just looking at the plugin code shouldn't the API call be passing something to say "hey field XYZ is set to value ABC"? 

​​​​​​​getDynamicValues : function(){

VRASNLogger("getDynamicCustomPropertyValues : START ");

var id = this.getParameter('sysparm_dynamic_dropdown_id');

var tenant = gs.getProperty('vrasn.tenant.name');

var api = '/properties-service/api/propertydefinitions/'+id+'/values';

var _body = '{\

"tenantId" : "'+tenant+'",\

"dependencyValues" : {\

"entries" : []\

},\

"associateValue" : null\

}';

var result = this.makeApiCall(api,'post',_body);

var dynamicValues;

for(var i = 0; i < result.values.length; i++){

var dynamicValue = this.newItem("dynamicValue");

if(result.values[i].label){

dynamicValue.setAttribute("value", result.values[i].label);

}else{

dynamicValue.setAttribute("value", result.values[i].underlyingValue.value);

}

dynamicValue.setAttribute("key", result.values[i].underlyingValue.value);

}

return dynamicValue;

},

0 Kudos
royaltigerfan
Contributor
Contributor

The SN side is just an empty box.

The vRA side shows the value that needs to be selected for it to populate what it needs. See Input parameters below:

Screenshot at Mar 13 09-53-23.png

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi royaltigerfan​ we do support dynamic dropdown in v3.0 but the way you have explained providing screenshots where field TestArg2 populates values based on TestArg1 is not yet supported where vRO call is required. I am trying to replicate issue at my end and if its valid then we can check possibilities to implement it in future

0 Kudos