VMware Cloud Community
nyneaxis
Contributor
Contributor

Can vRA SNOW Plugin be Configured Without ADFS?

I am doing a demo of this plugin and our instance does not have ADFS and after reading the documents I did not see where I could configure the plugin without ADFS.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You cannot, it is a requirement.

0 Kudos
kbhushan05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From version 2.0, ADFS is optional and there is no need to configure Non-ADFS setup. It just works. When user logins to ServiceNow, he will be redirected to vRA login page.

0 Kudos
nyneaxis
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I figured as much. We have ADFS working and I am following the documentation to get users setup and I have below steps:

What to do next

You can now test your ServiceNow ADFS integration. Note that users must have the same email address in both ServiceNow and in the Active Directory connection used by ADFS.

1 Add a domain in ServiceNow that can authenticate to you ADFS.

2 Log in to ServiceNow as a System Admin and select Users.

3 Enter an ADFS user complete with email address and password.

4 Select Update.

5 Log out of your ServiceNow instance and then log back in as the user that you just created and verify

that you are redirected to the ADFS login page.

Step one states to add a domain to SN, what does this mean to add a domain?

0 Kudos
kbhushan05
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Add Tenant in 'Basic Configuration' page.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jstander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Newly released v3 is certified using native vRA Authentication. i have not tested it myself yet since but will hopefully be able to run it through its paces in next couple of weeks.

VMware Solution Exchange

0 Kudos
anoopglobal
Contributor
Contributor

Does that mean after the installation of plugin i can use all the active directory users i added in the vRA to login in Service now..?

Or when we configure the plugin do we have the option to map the users?

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe you still have to create the ServiceNow users unless there is some sync with SNOW > ADFS where it'll import the users.  You then have to assign these users a role in ServiceNow called vra_user.  For users with this role, after SNOW login, a redirect to the vRA login page will happen (if vRA isn't configured with ADFS) or just pass the credentials through (if both SNOW and vRA are configured with ADFS)

Dave

0 Kudos
anoopglobal
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that's make sense.So the ITSM plugin 2 have the feature which will present the login page of vRA in SNOW(This is the reason why it says ADFS not mandatory).The previous version(1) requires the ADFS to pass credential because login page is not presenting directly in SNOW.I believe my understanding is correct..@

0 Kudos