VMware Cloud Community
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Binding Values - Blueprints with Software Components

Has anyone been able to pull binding values for software components layered on top of vSphere Machines? Mine are blank.  I'm also getting a mandatory 'Container' property.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You are specifying an array when it should be string.

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK I made the value a string, deleted my catalog item in servicenow and reimported No change.  I'm assuming this will get populated when the request hits vRA.

What is this "container' property though?  Can't submit it b/c it's a mandatory field. The Container field is on every Software Component object in the blueprint.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That property shouldn't be shown in request if it's binding to another value. "Container" likely refers to the type of object to which this software component is applicable, but that's something you set when you create the software component. Your use case is different in that you're doing these requests through SNOW and not through the vRA portal, so I don't know if there's some odd issue at work here.

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks about right...the Container field is set on the Software Component .  Set to Machine and can be dropped directly onto a "Machine" object in the composite-blueprint.  Adding "Machine" as a value on the ServiceNow catalog item request still seems to crap out somewhere.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You may want to check whatever version of the SNOW plug-in you're using (plus SNOW version). I don't know for sure it even supports deployments with software components.

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's exactly what I'm trying to confirm from VMware here on this post Smiley Happy

Does the plugin support software components?

Plugin v3

glide-kingston-10-17-2017__patch6-05-16-2018

0 Kudos
CalsoftTechie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If 'container' field is not required then you can add it to exclusion list so that it wont display on catalog form.

0 Kudos
draymond10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It shows up as a required field

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos