VMware Cloud Community
DiviGenesys
Contributor
Contributor

your feeling about Console Access in vCD

Hi,

We are currently using Lab Manager and are very happy with it, but as everybody, we think about the necessary migration to vCD.

But, I have for now one concern when I see demos, which prevent us to move. It's the console access to VMs. It seems that the only way is to pop-up a new window for each VM.

Exit the simple way to see all vm in my configuration in one page ? or even one VM, but in the interface itself ?

For those who are using vCloud director, do you think it's usable that way ? can we ask for improvement in next version ?

Thanks

Divi

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nirvy
Commander
Commander

I've only used Lab Manager once briefly and I think it was LM4, but I remember a window popup for each VM console that automatically resized to the guest resolution.. isn't that the same thing?  -- aside from the fact that the vCD windows open full screen and don't auto resize

DiviGenesys
Contributor
Contributor

As you can see in attached file, console(s) are embedded in the HTML page.

but there is maybe a way to open console in a different browser tab in vCD ...

What about your feeling about working with vCD consoles, is it comfortable for users ?

0 Kudos
JayhawkEric
Expert
Expert

We have moved part of our environment over to VCD and the console view is really lacking compared to LM.  If you resize the console it doesn't actually display it anymore and yes, you only see one console per pop-out screen.  99% of our users do not use this functionality though as they use putty/rdp to do anything on the systems.

VCP5-DV twitter - @ericblee6 blog - http://vEric.me
DiviGenesys
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your feedback, Hope that VMWare will enhance this in next release, or I will have to teach users to use and configure putty and RDP or move to other software in the market.

0 Kudos