VMware Cloud Community
maal11
Contributor
Contributor

vmware cloud client can not upload media

Hi

I am using VMware on our NFVI vCloud Director.

I can nou upload Media ! The pluging does not work at all no matter which browser I use !

Can you help?

BR mahmoud

Tags (1)
4 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This can be due to multiple reasons, such as: If you are using proxy server to do that it might fails. See reference KB articles: KB 2091030 & KB 2135484.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
rkleijwegt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi maal11​! You might want to consider upgrading to the vCD version 9.1. This version allows you to upload both OVA/OVF and other media files without any plugins by using the new HTML5 tenant portal. Previous versions relied on a client integration plugin (CIEP). I've had some issues getting a working combination of CIEP and suitable webbrowser in the past. So I can see how this would give you problems as well.

rtsanev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mahmoud,

You might also want to try what is described in this VMware Knowledge Base​ article and in greater detail in this blog: vCloud Director Client Integration Plugin is not working .

-Radostin

0 Kudos
emanueleroserba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Three chances:

1. Upgrade to 9.1 and use the HTML5 tenant UI.

2. Use PowerCli:

$ovfPath = "C:\users\me\desktop\MyCoolAppliance.ovf"

$orgVdc = Get-OrgVdc "My Org vDC"

$catalog = Get-Catalog "My Catalog"

Import-CIVAppTemplate -SourcePath $ovfPath -OrgVdc $orgVdc -Catalog $catalog

3. On windows, save the following with .cmd esxtension and launch Chrome using this script:

rem (c) 2017 Emanuele Roserba - use this script as you like - it's an improvement of KB2150215 for lazy guys like me

rem This batch launches a session of Chrome allowing it to use VMware Client Integration Plugin

rem  the Chrome session will have lowered security - must be used only to connect to a VCD installation

rem

rem let's go where we can read and write

cd %userprofile%

rem then create the working folder for Chrome

if not exist %userprofile%\VCDplugin mkdir %userprofile%\VCDplugin

cd "VCDplugin"

rem on subsequent launchs we need to delete this file otherwise Flash will not load correctly

del "Local State"

rem finally we can open Chrome with the plugin doing is job

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" https://vcloud.tinext.com/cloud/ --user-data-dir="%userprofile%\VCDplugin" --ignore-certificate-errors

Best regards, e.

0 Kudos