VMware Cloud Community
vikramkumarpuli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vm-host affinity rule in Vcloud managed cluster.

Hi all,

I have a DRS automated Cluster in which we want to create a vm-host affinity rule. This cluster is added to Vcloud director. Can we create a VM-Host Affinity rule on the cluster added to Vcloud directory?

Regards,

Vikram kumar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is nothing stopping you from doing this.  But they will only persist as long as that specific VM exists.  e.g. if you copy this one to catalog, the resulting VM will not have the same affinity rule.

So yes it's possible, but it might be best to use some sort of automation to perform the task to 'remember' them if you happen to have more than 1-2.

I know people have done this to save on OS/Application license fees.  The only caveat to be aware of is that entering maintenance mode could violate the DRS rule.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is nothing stopping you from doing this.  But they will only persist as long as that specific VM exists.  e.g. if you copy this one to catalog, the resulting VM will not have the same affinity rule.

So yes it's possible, but it might be best to use some sort of automation to perform the task to 'remember' them if you happen to have more than 1-2.

I know people have done this to save on OS/Application license fees.  The only caveat to be aware of is that entering maintenance mode could violate the DRS rule.

0 Kudos