VMware Cloud Community
Irishboyabroad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vcloud connector setup blues....

Fellow VM`ers,

Theres just nothing like when our favourite virtualisation company releases a new ( FREE ) toy for us to play with however I've run into a snag in my man cave trying to get vcloud connector up and running.

I've following Mr Sloofs video here to the letter to install and set it up

http://www.ntpro.nl/blog/archives/1708-Video-Deploying-the-vCloud-Connector.html

So Ive...

1. Deployed the OVF

2. Started the vCloud connector VM and done the initial setup ( set a password and configure a static IP )

3. Navigated to the vcloud connector web server in my case https://10.0.0.37:8443/vccp and provided the IP ( 10.0.0.10 ) address and login details to my vCenter server.

4. In vCenter I've gone to manage plugins to ensure the plugin is enabled.

Howwwwwwwwwwwwever now when I navigate to view -> solutions and applications -> vcloud connector I can't connect

I get a blank page with.....

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth Ive hit a blank wall and I was hoping some of you good folk could give me some pointers to help me diagnose and correct this problem.

I'm running vCenter 4.1 vanilla ie no patches.

Many thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version of Internet Explorer do you have on the machine running vSphere client?

Most likely this is an issue with IE settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version of Internet Explorer do you have on the machine running vSphere client?

Most likely this is an issue with IE settings.

0 Kudos
Irishboyabroad
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanks for pointing out the obvious mnene. Im running IE8 and for some reason vcloud connector doesnt like having a proxy specified in my browser.

Ive tried a browser exception to no avail however when I disable the proxy I can then access the vcloud connector plugin without any further problems.

Thankyou !

Tom

0 Kudos