VMware Cloud Community
nithinfluent
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter showing "syncing inventory"

Hi,

I am having a vmware vcloud director in which i attached a vcenter.It was working fine.but when i login to vcd it is showing that vcenter syncing inventory and i cant able to start any of the vAPP.Please have a look at the image i have attached.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ to VMware vCloud Director

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Nitin,

Please provide answers for below questions.

How the issue started ?

Are you attaching vCenter to vCloud for first time ?

What is the version of vCloud and vCenter and DB (SQL/Oracle)

Check the vCloud-Container-info and debug logs and search the keyword WFU, it should be stuck on a loop and should be looking for a value.

Can you upload the vCloud-debug and vcloud-info logs here ? (you can find it in /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs.)

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
nithinfluent
Contributor
Contributor

Hi karthik,

Thank you for your reply.I was working with my vCloud Director, the day before i got this error.I dont know how it happens.I have done this attaching vcenter to cloud atleast 3 times.vcd is 1.5,vcenter 5 and vshield 5.I am using appliance for all installation.and database is embedded database.

0 Kudos
cfor
Expert
Expert

A vCenter must sync before you can perform operations with it.  Unl;ess the vCenter is having issues or is really large it should only take minutes.

If it is "stuck" (and this can happen) you might need to kick the system a little.

http://kickingwaterbottles.blogspot.com/2012/02/reconnecting-vcenter-task-in-vcloud.html

Has the process for shutting down and clearing the schedule tables.  This in many cases can get things going again if vCloud just got confused.

Make sure to backup the database to make sure if something goes wrong you have a way to recover.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
nithinfluent
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Still its not get resolved... I am stuck...

0 Kudos