VMware Cloud Community
r0ck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vSphere 5.1 resources do not appear in vCloud 5.1

Hi guys

I have vcloud 5.1.1 newest build and behind vcloud vsphere 5.1 newest build and also all my esx and vshield appliances on newest build. On the vcloud system i have a pvdc named "GOLD" and this datacenter is running perfectly. Now i addet a second cluster to my vsphere infrastrcture named "SILVER" and created a second pvdc named "SILVER". Everything is working fine but when vcloud creates the new pvdc i get this error in log:

2013-04-17 09:19:38,256 | ERROR    | LocalTaskScheduler-Pool-4 | JDBCExceptionReporter          | Cannot roll back update_pvdc_metrics. No transaction or savepoint of that name was found. | vcd=36e557d0-8065-401e-81f0-8e3b9dfe1b60,task=d02fb46d-c996-4b93-a27c-800ea79309b8
2013-04-17 09:19:38,257 | WARN     | LocalTaskScheduler-Pool-4 | RclServiceImpl                 | populate_cached_pvdc_metrics failed to refresh the cached metrics view after the pvdc creation: SILVER | vcd=36e557d0-8065-401e-81f0-8e3b9dfe1b60,task=d02fb46d-c996-4b93-a27c-800ea79309b8

I checkt the data under monitor in vcloud webinterface "pvdc" and i cant see any resource for the new pvdc "SILVER". For "GOLD" i can read all the monitors correctly. The resroucepool gets me the correct data back but not the monitor tab.

thank you very much for help

kind regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

HI.

Can you please post the screenshot here.

Also try below steps to resolve the issue.

I believe there are no VMs runninng on teh secondcluster, create new Cluster --> in old cluster put the host into maintenance mode --> move the host to new cluster --> try creating PVDC.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
r0ck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you karthickvm i tried to move the hosts into maintanance and then into other cluster -> created PVDC. same trouble Smiley Sad

i attacht a screenshot. do you have another idea?

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rock,

Was the operation completed?, if so then try to create OVDC from Silver and check the monitor tab.

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
r0ck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes the operations was completed but i cant create a new OVDC because vcloud tells me, that my PVDC cluster have not enought resources for a new OVDC.

0 Kudos
r0ck
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i opened a vmware case. vmware helped me to resolve the issue.

the problem was, that some of my ovdc has wrong cpu resources like "2418507890175" insted of 10GHZ. i corrected all the cpu metrics, after that i created a new pvdc and everything was working fine. vmware told me that this bug will be fixed in next vcloud fix.

0 Kudos
karthickvm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thats great to hear...it would be hard to track that issue.........

Karthic.
vRNI TPM
0 Kudos
IvanZito
Contributor
Contributor

<http://www.acens.com>

You have add in vCenter a rsp manually.

Then, you can add a PVDC selecting this rsp.

Iván Ruiz Ruiz

Centro de Operaciones, Redes, Seguridad y Sistemas

acens Technologies S.L.

ivan.ruiz@acens.com<mailto:ivan.ruiz@acens.com>

Teléfono: 900 103 293

Fax: 911 418 501

Este mensaje puede contener información confidencial dirigida exclusivamente a su destinatario.

No se permite su copia o distribución sin la autorización expresa y por anticipado de acens.

Si recibió este mensaje por error, por favor, comuníquelo al emisor y elimínelo de su ordenador. Gracias.

This message may contain confidential information exclusively addressed to its intended recipient.

The copy or distribution of this message is not permitted without the prior express consent by acens.

If you are not the intended recipient of this message please advise the sender and delete it. Thank you.

De: r0ck

Enviado el: jueves, 18 de abril de 2013 08:02

Para: Iván Ruiz Ruiz

Asunto: New message: "vSphere 5.1 resources do not appear in vCloud 5.1"

VMware Communities<http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa>

vSphere 5.1 resources do not appear in vCloud 5.1

reply from r0ck<http://communities.vmware.com/people/r0ck> in VMware vCloud Director - View the full discussion<http://communities.vmware.com/message/2229537#2229537

---------------------------------------------------
Write easy and use the common language.
Not all people are native
Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos