VMware Cloud Community
finnzi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vShield Edge Load Balancer inside vCloud Director ?

Hi all,

I've had a long week installing and configuring vCloud Director. So far it looks great.

However I wanted to create a vApp with 2 web servers and a load balancer (vShield Edge device) in front of them. I just don't seem to be able to find anything regarding how I enable it on the vCloud Director web site. I can do nat & firewalling but the load balancing function is missing Smiley Happy.....I'm sure that it is there somewhere, I'm just not seeing it!

Can someone point me to the right direction?

Bgrds,

Finnzi

---- Finnur Orn Gudmundsson
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This requires the additional license for vShield edge and is configured through vCenter's vShield PLugin.  There is no UI interface in vCD to configure the VSE load balaning yet.  1.5 introduced the ability to configure the VPN (If licensed), through vCD but not the LB function yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This requires the additional license for vShield edge and is configured through vCenter's vShield PLugin.  There is no UI interface in vCD to configure the VSE load balaning yet.  1.5 introduced the ability to configure the VPN (If licensed), through vCD but not the LB function yet.

0 Kudos
finnzi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks mate !

Bgrds,

Finnzi

---- Finnur Orn Gudmundsson
0 Kudos