VMware Cloud Community
goody3335
Contributor
Contributor

vClould Connector - Error in exporting

Hi all,

I just started using vCloud Connector yesterday.  I was able to add clouds (my different vsphere sites, not vCloud Director sites) and I'm able to see VMs, etc.  I tried to copy from one of my sites to another and it gets to about 25% and then fails with the error: Error in exporting Caused by Connection Timed Out. 

There's enough storage as it's default it 40GB and I'm trying to copy a 15GB VM.  I'm wondering if it's a firewall issue, but I'm not sure which ports need to be open.  Right now I only have 443. 

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hello,

Are you an existing vSphere customer current on your support contract? If so, you are eligible to get support from our GSS organization.

Please collect your logs via vccsupport (see documentation http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcc_10_usersguide.pdf) and contact GSS.

If you still have trouble, please repost.

Thanks.

Patrick Chang

Product Management, VMware

0 Kudos
kschroed
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue. We have a vsphere support contract but nothing specific to vcloud yet. I assumed I could find answers in community support for the issue but doesn't seem to be the case. I have a relatively small VM I'm trying to move with plenty of transfer space.

0 Kudos
goody3335
Contributor
Contributor

Ken-

I opened a support ticket.  I still haven't heard the answer, though.  They're currently going through the logs.  You can open a support ticket even if you just have vSphere support...you don't need cloud support specifically.

0 Kudos
goody3335
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so I finally worked with support and of course it just worked.  So, one of two possibilities fixed the issue.  On one site I had ESXi 4.1 u1 and at the other I had ESX 4.1.  Last weekend I migrated that site to ESXi 4.1 u1.  Either that fixed it or just restarting the hosts or vCenter over there fixed it.  VMware says it shouldn't make a difference if it's ESX or ESXi, but if you are having this issue, you might restart or make sure everything is similar.

0 Kudos