VMware Cloud Community
daveshel1
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud end users lose administrators group access

I have an virtual development environment organization cinsisting of about 24 VMs used by developers, who typically connect to their VMs via RDP. Several weeks ago, one of the developers reported that he no longer could RDP into his VM; he was getting a message thathis user did not have permission for remote connections. He had also determined that his user account was no longer a mamber of the local administrators group on the VM. Since his work was backed up in subversion, it turned out the easiest was to resolve his issue was to blow away the VM and create a new one from the catalog. I researched and puzzled the issue while he was doing so, but never found an explanation as to what had happened. Which was fine as long as it was an isolated occurrence.

But it has now happened to another user. He is also rebuilding, but I'd like to avoid having to have everybody rebuild.

I've verified that there are no group policies or management tools operating on the OU where these VMs live.

One possible clue: the VMs were migrated from our old vCD 1.5 on ESX1 5.0 system to our new vCD 5.1 on ESXi 5.1 system by exporting as OVA and reimporting.

So I'm wondering if anybody out there has seen anything along these lines with vCD VMs joined to a Windows domain.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies