VMware Cloud Community
mattvmworld
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud director 5.1 Organizations issue

Hello,

I am setting up the cloud using vcloud director 5.1, while adding / Importing VAPP in the organization I am getting "Unable to complete the operation because the current Organization VDC "Demo-Org-VDC" is deactivated or it is not ready".

- I have tried disabling / Enabling Organization VDC

- Tried upgrading vcloud director databases

- Checked logs found Internal Server Error

- Restarted VCD services

Attached is the screenshot of the error, not found any solution on google. Please suggest.

Regards,

Matt.

22 Replies
ibi007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I was getting the same error some how I messed up the first setup so I re-deployed the vCloud VM with the same name and that was the actual root cause.

Then one of the vExpert pointed me in the right direction. After reading some post I deleted the old non working VM of vCloud it was powered off anyway but that did not fix the issue. If you look at my previous post I have uploaded the errors i encountered.

However to fix the issue I had to renamed my vCloud VM (Cell) to something different did a Storage vMotion and tested to re-deploy the Org VDC and it was created successfully managed to successfully create the folder with the vCloud Server name.

I was then able to successfully upload templates and ISO in the meda after creating a catalog for the Org VDC.

Note : make sure you search for the duplicate name of the vCloud VM/Cell you created in the VM and Template and also check all the blue folders and subfolders ( you can also search for the vm and see if comes up more then once ) delete that or rename and do vMotion if required as I did.

check the before and after pix.

0 Kudos
Kylel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi ibi007,

Glad you got it fixed. It sounds like you had the same problem as me after all. You really have to watch the vcenter events for errors when using vcloud director - some vcenter errors don't show up in the vcloud director console.

Regards,

Kyle.

0 Kudos
Larry_wanglei
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks! I had the same error and i fixed it using your method.

Larry

0 Kudos