VMware Cloud Community
DanielThomson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud Director vpostgres HA cluster - SSH inter-node failing

I have a 3 node vCloud Director cluster, running as 1 primary and 2 standby nodes.

The repmgr cluster show command returns results you would expect to see.

If I run the repmgr cluster matrix however, I see that the node cannot SSH to the other nodes and therefor returns unknown status for the other 2 nodes.

root@node3 [ ~ ]# sudo -i -u postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/10/bin/repmgr -f /opt/vmware/vpostgres/10/etc/repmgr.conf cluster show

ID | Name    | Role    | Status    | Upstream | Location | Connection string

----+---------+---------+-----------+----------+----------+---------------------------------------------

17192 | node3 | standby |   running | node1  | default  | host=192.168.1.20 user=repmgr dbname=repmgr

19028 | node1 | primary | * running |          | default  | host=192.168.1.21 user=repmgr dbname=repmgr

30994 | node2 | standby |   running | node1  | default  | host=192.168.1.22 user=repmgr dbname=repmgr

root@node3 [ ~ ]# sudo -i -u postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/10/bin/repmgr -f /opt/vmware/vpostgres/10/etc/repmgr.conf cluster matrix

INFO: connecting to database

Name | Id | 17192 | 19028 | 30994

--------+----+----+----+----

node3 | 17192 |  * |  * |  *

node1 | 19028 |  ? |  ? |  ?

node2 | 30994 |  ? |  ? |  ?

WARNING: following problems detected:

node 19028 inaccessible via SSH

node 30994 inaccessible via SSH

Where do I add the SSH key to allow passwordless SSH between the nodes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielThomson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Managed to find it. /var/vmware/vpostgres/current/.ssh./known_hosts. Added the key from each host to this on each of the nodes and now cluster crosscheck is completing succesfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanielThomson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Managed to find it. /var/vmware/vpostgres/current/.ssh./known_hosts. Added the key from each host to this on each of the nodes and now cluster crosscheck is completing succesfully.

0 Kudos