VMware Cloud Community
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCloud Director quarantine does not work

Hi,

i'm having problem to activate the vCloud Director (vCD) quarantine function. I'm running the vCD version 5.1.2 and i have mark the checkbox "Enable upload quarantine with a timeout of xxxxx seconds" under system->administration General in vCD (see attached picture Picture-01.png).

When e.g. a ISO file upload is finished, the ISO file is immediately available for all users able to access the catalog where the ISO is uploaded (see attached picture Picture-02.png)

What am i missing here?

Thanks

/Magnus

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aneverov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Magnus,

Seems like quarantine needs to be approved via JConsole, see VMware vCloud Director Documentation Center

/Andrii

/* Please remember to mark answer as 'helpful' or 'correct' such that other users know it can be used and people focusing on ‘unanswered’ questions can skip it. */
0 Kudos
magander
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Andrii,

the files are not being held in quarantine meaning i do not see any files in the JConsole and the uploaded files are immediately available for usage.

//Magnus

0 Kudos
beeguar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OP is right. After finding this thread, I found this blog post by VCDX #56 - Magnus Andersson detailing the deprecation of the function and it's replacement with API calls.

vCloud Director JMX Service quarantine function deprecated | vcdx56

0 Kudos