VMware Cloud Community
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud Director pricing

Little confused about licensing a system requirements for vCloud Driector.

(1) Hosts: I have a vSphere Cluster managed by vSphere with Enterprise Plus licensing.

(2) vCloud Director licensing: A little confused here. It appears to be per VM but, the chart here http://www.vmware.com/products/vcloud-director/buy.html

didn't make sense to me.

(3) I assume a physical server is recommneded to run vCloud Director so, I'll need that.

(4) What about Oracle licensing (included or not)?

Are there any other physical or licensing requirements I'm missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

2. VCD is licensed per-VM, but it's done in packs of 25 VMs (hence the pricing shown on the page you referenced).

3. VCD can be installed in a VM or on a physical server, it all depends on your preference and available hardware.

4. Oracle DB licensing is not included and would need to be purchased separately from Oracle.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

2. VCD is licensed per-VM, but it's done in packs of 25 VMs (hence the pricing shown on the page you referenced).

3. VCD can be installed in a VM or on a physical server, it all depends on your preference and available hardware.

4. Oracle DB licensing is not included and would need to be purchased separately from Oracle.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is also the need for a single installation of Red Hat 5.3 (or higher) 64-bit. This is also not included in the VMware Licensing for vCD. You'd have to talk to Red Hat about that part.

You can install vCloud Director on other Linux operating systems, but it is strictly not supported by VMware.

Regards,

Jon Hemming, B.Sc., RHCT, VMware vExpert 2009
http://twitter.com/vJonHemming

If your problem or questions has been resolved, please click the button "Correct Answer". If someone has assisted, please click "Helpful Answer".