VMware Cloud Community
nehruchris
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director could not display the Webside

Hi Guys,

I installed vcloud Director in a testlab (with only one RHEL 5 server) step by step as it is mentioned in the Installation Guide.

I have

- SSL Certificates working

- DNS working

- Firewall Disabled on RHEL Server

- SQL 2008 R2 Server with vcloud DB running (also FW disabled)

- Java 1.7 installed

I already passed the Configuration Step. Installed Java Version 1.7 and also reconfigured all the needed Variables for Java in RHEL.

As i started the vcloud director Services no Webpage for Configuring the last step of the vCloud director was displayed !!

(while accessing https://16.58.89.83/ or https://vcloud-director/)

I detected something strange. In the Configuration Step (when i launched ./configuration on the RHEL Server) at the DB Configuration Point i saw that the vCloud Director established Connection to the SQL Server (saw it with netstat -a on the SQL Server) but disconnected after completing the DB Configuration Point. So now there is no Connection between the vCloud Director and the SQL Server anymore.....

Here is a extract of the Logfile  (Complete Logfile see Attachement) :

2012-06-13 13:56:30,321 | ERROR    | SpringOsgiExtenderThread-1 | DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor | Unable to create application context for [com.vmware.vcloud.ui.configuration], unsatisfied dependencies: none |
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ModuleConfiguration#0' defined in URL [bundleentry://170.fwk197731637/META-INF/spring/config-wizard-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'configurationService' while setting bean property 'configurationService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'configurationService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:436)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:395)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:281)
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:247)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:214)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:169)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:175)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener$2.run(ContextLoaderListener.java:716)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'configurationService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:149)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.getObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:102)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1429)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:322)
    ... 19 more
Caused by: org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.getTarget(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:419)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.afterPropertiesSet(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:472)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.createProxy(OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.java:215)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.AbstractServiceImporterProxyFactoryBean.getObject(AbstractServiceImporterProxyFactoryBean.java:86)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.getObject(OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.java:161)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:142)
    ... 24 more
2012-06-13 13:56:30,322 | ERROR    | SpringOsgiExtenderThread-1 | ContextLoaderListener          | Application context refresh failed (OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.vmware.vcloud.ui.configuration, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)) |
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ModuleConfiguration#0' defined in URL [bundleentry://170.fwk197731637/META-INF/spring/config-wizard-context.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'configurationService' while setting bean property 'configurationService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'configurationService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:328)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:106)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1325)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1086)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:436)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:395)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:281)
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:247)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:214)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:169)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:175)
    at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener$2.run(ContextLoaderListener.java:716)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'configurationService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:149)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.getObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:102)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1429)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:302)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:322)
    ... 19 more
Caused by: org.springframework.osgi.service.ServiceUnavailableException: service matching filter=[(objectClass=com.vmware.vcloud.common.configuration.ConfigurationService)] unavailable
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.getTarget(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:419)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceDynamicInterceptor.afterPropertiesSet(ServiceDynamicInterceptor.java:472)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.createProxy(OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.java:215)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.AbstractServiceImporterProxyFactoryBean.getObject(AbstractServiceImporterProxyFactoryBean.java:86)
    at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.getObject(OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBean.java:161)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:142)
    ... 24 more

0 Kudos
11 Replies
guitzer
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Sender:

I will be out of office returning by tomorrow. Please expect delays in your email responding.

Regards

GR

0 Kudos
nehruchris
Contributor
Contributor

anybody with the same Problem ?

0 Kudos
niknaks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had the same error and thought it my SQL server.... I tried all sorts to fix the problem stated and it was my RHEL 5 looking up the DNS records on the wrong server.

I suggest doing a NSLOOKUP for the Cloud and Console proxy and check which server they are pointing towards.

Niks

0 Kudos
tuannguyenanh
Contributor
Contributor

hi all !!

I have a prolem with vCloud director,the first: when I access the web page, it could not display web form

second: when i start vmware-vcd, after about 15-20s the vmware-vcd-cell auto stop (vmware-vcd-cell is dead, but pidfile exist).

Please help me.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
niknaks
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have your log files?

FYI....vCloud Director 1.5 the logs are stored in /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs

0 Kudos
tuannguyenanh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Niknaks, I found the problem, because I create database in SQL Server but I'm not config database for VCloud so service vmware-vcd can't init complete.

0 Kudos
Dean2012
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the similar issue. The problem is that when I tries to access the website, the vmware-vcd-cell will be stopped.

The error that:

Error creating bean with name 'hibernateCacheRegions':
        Cannot create inner bean 'abstractReplicatedCache$child#282f0e07' of type [com.vmware.vcloud.common.ehcache.ReplicatedEhCacheFactoryBean] while setting bean property 'sourceList' with key [0];
nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'abstractReplicatedCache$child#282f0e07' defined in URL [bundleentry://169.fwk1118421150/META-INF/spring/common-persist-context-cache.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'cacheManager' while setting bean property 'cacheManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cacheManager' defined in URL [bundleentry://169.fwk1118421150/META-INF/spring/common-persist-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: Problem creating connections: Error decrypting data.

It seems an error happened at doing database query. But no idea where the problem exactly is.

Please let me know, if anyone got a solution on it. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
tuannguyenanh
Contributor
Contributor

Can you post log file storage in /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs/cell.log

You use SQL Server or Oracle DB?

0 Kudos
Dean2012
Contributor
Contributor

I use SQL Server 2008 Express.

Here is the cell.log which was generated on last Friday. That was my last try.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
tuannguyenanh
Contributor
Contributor

1 - you stop vmware-vcd, then delete the certificate and create new certificate.

2 - you config sql server follow this page http://www.kendrickcoleman.com/index.php?/Tech-Blog/installing-vcloud-director-15-with-sql-server-20...

3 - run config file in /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/configure

4 - in terminal, run command "watch tail /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/logs/cell.log" to view vcd-cell init. If it init to 100%, you can access the web page.

0 Kudos
Mars_Huang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

When I follow tuannguyenanh's steps, I find the 1st error is

"2013-06-21 17:17:09,949 | ERROR    | SpringOsgiExtenderThread-3 | StdSchedulerFactory            | Couldn't generate instance Id! | "

When I google "vcloud Couldn't generate instance Id", I get this useful link

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/333461?start=0&tstart=0

that indicates that the error is raised from incorrect DNS setting, and is also my problem.

In brief, you need to check out:

1. vDirector's hostname:     For CentOS/RHEL, check both /etc/hosts and /etc/sysconfig/network

2. vCloud DB's hostname:     For Windows, right-click my computer --> Properties --> Change  settings --> "Change..." button , then reboot    

3. DNS setting:     Make sure it has been restart after the setting changes         

Hope it's useful to you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos