VMware Cloud Community
vmotionhem
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director Setup

I am installed  Vcloud director 5.5 appliance in test lab  with Vcenter 5.0  server. But while attaching vcenter  I am getting error that user/password is not correct. But I have verified the user/password.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sajal1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi vmotionhem,

Can you please elaborate more on same? Which id & password are you trying? I mean the vCenter SSO id password or any ad id password? What are the rights that user has etc?

0 Kudos
vmotionhem
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I have installed Vcenter cloud director 5.5 appliance and now I am adding existing vcenter 5.0 to cloud. But when I putting user/passwd to join vcenter in vcloud its giving error that user/password is incorrect.

0 Kudos
cfor
Expert
Expert

Have you setup SSO to point to a domain or is everything just a quick install out of the box?

If out of the box a couple things you might need to do.

1. In VCD you will need to disable certificate checking if using the appliance.  (Administration->General - 2 check boxes)

2. What acount are you using?  Administrator@vsphere.local ?   root is what I have used for the appliance testing before. (might need to grant right in vcenter, to be honest I forget)

3. Password ... make the the password does not have special characters at least for testing.  IE ":" breaks some of the intergrations, not sure what other chars will cause an issue.

4. Accounts are case sensitive with the appliance if I remember correctly.

Hope something in those ideas gets you going.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

vCloud 5.5 does not support vCenter 5.0 ... just 5.1 and 5.5.  Please see the below to verify:

VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

0 Kudos
vmotionhem
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  for information. Can you pleas share vcloud director 5.0 or 5.1 appliance download link, as link is now available on VMware.

0 Kudos