VMware Cloud Community
AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud Director 9.1 - Tenant Portal displaying "No Datacenters are available"

Hello,

I have just upgraded a lab from vCloud Director 9.0.0.2 to vCloud Director 9.0 and have an issue with the tenant portal not loading correctly and displaying "No Datacenters are available". This is affecting all Orgs. I have had a quick look with Fiddler and I can see the API calls to /api/query?type=orgVdc and can see the XML responses with the OrgVDC data however the UI just displays "No Datacenters are available".

pastedImage_0.png

Is anyone aware of a solution to this issue ?

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jm13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same issue using internal minted certs, this fixed it with the help of VMware Support

Try this get your public keys in a base64 format in the PUBLIC API URL section in vCloud Director, in my case it was someting like this, internal 2 tier CA:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

ROOTCA KEY

-----END CERTIFICATE-----

ISSUING CA KEY

HTTPS LEAF KEY

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jm13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the same issue using internal minted certs, this fixed it with the help of VMware Support

Try this get your public keys in a base64 format in the PUBLIC API URL section in vCloud Director, in my case it was someting like this, internal 2 tier CA:

ROOTCA KEY

ISSUING CA KEY

HTTPS LEAF KEY

pastedImage_0.png

AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the info; a quick fix in the end; hopefully they will publish a KB shortly. I have written up a quick procedure for anyone with this issue here: http://vexpert.me/17M

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,
0 Kudos
joebenga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue but the fix suggested in this post did not work.

0 Kudos
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We had the same issue - we were absolutely sure that the certificates and Public URIs were set correctly, but still getting 'No Datacenters are available' in the tenant portal. (All other /provider portal functionality worked fine and the other tabs in the tenant portal worked, just not the datacenters one).

Just found the fix courtesy of a comment by Tomas Fojta in the vExpert slack channel:

Make sure that DNS on the cell servers can resolve the FQDN of your cloud platform correctly.

In our case we have 3 cells behind a load balancer, for the sake of this example lets say 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.3 are the cell internal IP addresses and 'cloud.provider.com' is the portal URI. So on cell 1 I add:

192.168.0.1  cloud.provider.com

To the /etc/hosts file (and so on for each cell server using it's local interface address). After this change the Datacenters tab now correctly populates in the tenant portal. No restart of cell services required either.

Weird as these servers all have DNS accessible and are able to resolve the FQDN of our cloud, but this definitely fixed the issue for us.

0 Kudos
hjelmar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the exact same issue. Exporting as Base64 worked - thank you guys Smiley Happy

"I don’t know why people hire architects and then tell them what to do.”
0 Kudos
jonathanw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've written up the 'fix' for this in our scenario here: https://vexpert.me/18I

0 Kudos