VMware Cloud Community
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director 5.6 + vSphere Replication 5.8

Guys,

Has anyone sucessfully configured a vCloud Director ORG (running vCloud Director 5.6) as a target site on vSphere Replication 5.8? As indicated in this doc About Disaster Recovery to Cloud?

Regards,

Felipe Carballo

Felipe Carballo - VCP5 - VCP-Cloud
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanyG01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No,

I'm also searching how to do this!

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

I have an ticket open with VMware Support. I'll post here the answer as soon as I have it.

0 Kudos
JumpMaster
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone had an update from vmware on this?  It seems that vCloud Air != vCloud 5.6 :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

My ticket with VMware is still open. I'm waiting for a reply from the Support team.

0 Kudos
JumpMaster
Contributor
Contributor

I've also opened a support case.  Will update when I get a reply.

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

The support informed me that this problem seems to be a bug. My ticket was escalated to the development team.

0 Kudos
JumpMaster
Contributor
Contributor

That's interesting.  I've had the following reply...

vmware support wrote:

So I've looked into this a bit further and can confirm that you cannot connect vSphere Replication to vCloud Director. You can only connect to vCloud Air.

I can also tell you that vCloud Director for Service Providers is not the same as vCloud Air

0 Kudos
DanyG01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Support reply me with this...

Replication and disaster recovery  are not features listed for vCloud Director SP

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

And seems that the documentation was modified to include this information:

001502-01

Updated topic About Disaster Recovery to Cloud to clarify that vSphere Replication for Disaster Recovery works with vCloud Air.

0 Kudos
fcarballo
Contributor
Contributor

This is from a VMware blog's post.

"The primary new feature of vSphere Replication 5.8 is the integration of replication to a cloud provider such as VMware vCloud Air."

What's New with vSphere Data Protection 5.8 and vSphere Replication 5.8 | VMware vSphere Bl...

0 Kudos