VMware Cloud Community
tbarn
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director 5.5.1 - User's vApps are shifting ownership to system

I have a user with Catalog Author rights make a vApp and a few hours later we'll look back and they can't see it anymore and when I look as the System Administrator its been repossessed by the system.  It seems if I manually revert the ownership back to the user it won't change after that but this is very frustrating.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

Just for some details, is this a vApp in the "My Cloud" area - or a template once it has been added to catalog?  (I ask as an early 5.5 bug would change items to system when added to catalog)

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
tbarn
Contributor
Contributor

Yes its happening to vApps created in the user's My Cloud area, doesn't seem to matter if its spawned from a template or a freshly built new vApp, both seem to arbitrarily get re-owned by system after a few hours without any indications in the vApp's logs of it happening or why.  If it matters I've made sure its not a matter of exceeding a lease time either, the runtime leases are set to a week on this Org's VDC and the storage lease is even longer.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Can you compare the Org vDC view?  Go to the Org > Administration > Virtual Datacenters > Double click the one where the systems reside, look at the templates and media.

I'd also like to know if this catalog is Shared, Published, or Sync'd from a Published catalog?

0 Kudos