VMware Cloud Community
Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud Director 5.1 and Leasetimes

Hi community

I have 2 questions regarding Leasetime in vCloud Director.

- when is the lease mail send ? is this configurable ?

- is it possible to configure that leasemail not only send to owner of vApp, but also to the people to which the configuration is shared ?

Best Regards

Mic

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi mic,

in the web-console, there is on the top right  corner of your screen a link called "Preferences". There you can configure the date for the warning-emails.

I think you can't configure it with the web-console, that you send the email to more user. But with the vCloud-APi you can get the users, that the VApp is shared with.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi mic,

in the web-console, there is on the top right  corner of your screen a link called "Preferences". There you can configure the date for the warning-emails.

I think you can't configure it with the web-console, that you send the email to more user. But with the vCloud-APi you can get the users, that the VApp is shared with.

0 Kudos
Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi thomas_root

Thank you, I forgot to check the preferences, but it is also very ristricted to remind 5 days before.

Properly VM is shared between more than one colleagues, owner goes on vacation and leasemail is only send to owner.

With API it is ok, but I want to avoid development in leasetime area.

Regards

Mic

0 Kudos
thomas_root1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you do it via the API, you have  various opportunities.
For example: You can check every hour the lease time of your vapps and send a mail to the owner and other users.
Why don't you want to use the API? You need'nt to write anything in the objects, only read access.

Regards,

Thomas

Thunderdome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi thomas_root

we have less development capacity and I need this in another project, but nevertheless it seems that there is no other way.

Regards

Mic

0 Kudos