VMware Cloud Community
blondz
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director 5.1 SAML authentication

Hi, I'm currently working in integrating vCloud Director 5.1 with OpenAM for SAML authentication.

Right now, I'm in the midst of finding some means (preferably through Java code) that will enable me to get the SAML assertion from the IDP (i.e. ForgeRock's OpenAM) for a Service Provider (SP) via SSO Login.

The SP have already been configured to interact with the IDP (e.g. vCloud Director --> OpenAM and vice versa) through a Web Browser (i.e. the user will be automatically redirected to the OpenAM login page upon invoking the vCloud Director login page). However, this process is only applicable through browsers (where redirection is provided) but not outside the browser.

I can't seem to find any means to perform SSO Login (by using the SAML assertion from the IDP for authentication). So far I've come across a dozen of references including the AssertionIDRequestUtil.sendAssertionIDRequestURI function from the OpenAM SSO, still, I'm not sure where to retrieve the AssertionId and SAML EntityId parameters.

Are there other means of getting the SAML assertion? Or maybe other ways to perform SAML authentication to vCloud Director?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies