VMware Cloud Community
Moif_Murphy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCloud Director 5.1 Lab

Hello,

I'm following Chris Wahl's excellent vCloud Director 5.1 Essentials on Trainsignal and I'm tidying up my Vmware Workstation Lab that I built following Sammy Bogaert's guide when I was studying for my VCP: Building the Ultimate vSphere Lab

It's currently set out so that I have one datacenter with one cluster with 2 x hosts. Obviously I want to set up the lab so that I have a separate management cluster as per recommended practices. I'm assuming that I'm ok with creating a new cluster with just the one host? Or should I go for another. I'm also assuming that all hosts will need to be able to talk to each other and access the same shared storage.

Are there any other caveats I need to be aware of?

Incidentally, the Train Signal videos are worth taking a look at - and no, I don't work for them Smiley Happy

Tags (3)
3 Replies
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are planning to play around with VXLAN make sure to enable Promiscous mode and Forged Transmit in vDS. You can check out William Lam's article virtuallyGhetto: How To Enable Nested ESXi Using VXLAN In vSphere & vCloud Director

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================
JustinPaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can create a second cluster with one host. Even though there is just one host in it you will still want to enable DRS if you plan to use it with vCloud Director.

kaarthickvasude
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Murphy

We should have minimum 2 Esx host and with fully automated DRS & HA.We should configured Distributed Switch if you are using Vcloud Environment .