VMware Cloud Community
Devilish
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Director 1.5.2 to 5.1.1 **** The Database Upgrade Is not Supported ****

Hello

I have recently upgraded my vSphere 5.0 vCenter lab environment to vSphere 5.1 and found out the hard way that vCloud Director 1.5.2 doesn’t work with 5.1 and needed to be upgraded. so i planned to upgrade my two Cells to vCloud-5.1.1-868405 which i must say it was painfully slow and just took for ever.

At the end when i got to the Database upgrade part and executed "/opt/vmware/vlcolud-director/bin/upgrade" command i get this error message.

"Incorrect database version. Upgrade from version "1.5.2" is not supported"

Anybody seen this before or knows that this is truly unsupported and if so what’s the upgrade path.. i have a case opened with VMware currently.

Any input is highly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Devilish
Contributor
Contributor

This is stright from VMware Engineering :

"At the current stage:   Upgrade from 1.5.2 to 5.1.0 or 5.1.1 is  not supported. The upgrade from 1.5.2 to upcoming 5.1.2 will be supported though.  The target GA date for VCD 5.1.2 is late April this year."

The workaround is to downgrade your vCloud database schema version to 1.5.1 by runing the folowing SQL statement then you can run the "/opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/upgrade"  command . it worked for me but please remember this is unsupported workaround for the time being but it will get you up and running

update config set value ='1.5.1' where name = 'database.schema.version';

Matrix Attached

0 Kudos