VMware Cloud Community
kleofas2
Contributor
Contributor

vCloud Connector can't see all vCenters

I'm trying to use vCloud Connector for exchanging templates between different vCenters in different locations. All of them I have in my vCC and see the resources in tree. Unfortunately when I try to copy a template from any of four vCenters to mine - then in "Copy To" window I can't see anything except "Target Cloud" (no folders listes, datastores etc.). This vCenter was added with the administrator's credentials - so the permissions should be enough.

The problem may be a bit more clear when you take a look on a screenshot I attached. I read something about limitation to 500 objects visible in vCC but it was about items listedin Workloads and Catalogs. Do you think this limitation can be connected to my issue?

Thanks

Tomasz

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The 500 item limit is really just for items being displayed in a containing object.  As in, it will only list a maximum of 500 VMs in a VMs and Templates folder for example.

vCC isn't listing any info at all from the Warsaw cloud which seems like it could be permissions related but it definitely looks to be a connection issue of some kind.  Can you try dropping/re-adding the Warsaw cloud to vCC?

0 Kudos
kleofas2
Contributor
Contributor

Frankly, I don't remember how many times I did it 🙂

Regarding is it connection or permissions problem. I dont know:

- I'm logged to this problematic vCenter with administrator rights while other vCenters (working good) are connected with limited rights.

- Working vCenters are located in different parts of world where the connection should be more secure than to the problematic vCenter in the same local network.

Moreover I've added all ESXes and vCenter IPs and hostnames to: hosts file on vCenter server (Windows), hosts file on client's machine (Windows), /etc/hosts on vCC VM. It still doesn't help.

Another thing is that I have additional small vCenter with ESX connected there for testing purpose. This one is located in the same network what this problematic and I can see all objects from it in vCC. Both of them are vCenters 4.1.

0 Kudos
kleofas2
Contributor
Contributor

Do you maybe know how to check if the connection between vCC and vSphere environment (vClient/all ESXes etc) works properly?

Does any specific ports need to be open?

0 Kudos