VMware Cloud Community
JasonBurrell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCloud 5.1 Storage profiles not showing up

Has anyone had an issue getting vCenter storage profiles to show up in vCloud?  I have tried the "refresh storage profiles" button on the vCenter but they do not show up, I have also tried restarting the vCD services.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

If they were not enable and you created your PVDC, the Storage Profiles will not show up. On the vSphere Resources view on the left, it does not show ALL your Storage Profiles that's actually available but only the ones you've assigned to your PVDC.

Try clicking into the PVDC and then under Storage Profiles, click the "+" button and see if you can see all the Storage Profiles in your vCenter Server and you should be able to add them. Once you do, then you'll see them under the vSphere Resources view on the left pane. Attached is a screenshot

pvdc.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Did you enable Storage Profiles in vCenter? By default it's disabled, it'll still allow you to create a Storage Profile but the actual service is disabled. If it's enabled, then they should appear when you create your PVDC and if not, you should be able to just click on "Refresh Storage Profiles" on the particulare vCenter Server in vCloud Director

0 Kudos
JasonBurrell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It's enabled and licensed on all my hosts. It was not enabled when I built the pvdc but I don't think I should have to delete and rebuild it to get the storage profiles.

-Jason

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

If they were not enable and you created your PVDC, the Storage Profiles will not show up. On the vSphere Resources view on the left, it does not show ALL your Storage Profiles that's actually available but only the ones you've assigned to your PVDC.

Try clicking into the PVDC and then under Storage Profiles, click the "+" button and see if you can see all the Storage Profiles in your vCenter Server and you should be able to add them. Once you do, then you'll see them under the vSphere Resources view on the left pane. Attached is a screenshot

pvdc.png

0 Kudos
JasonBurrell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks William, I was missing the double-click on the PVDC to get to tthe storage profiles sepcific to that PVDC. 

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

awesome! Glad you got it working

0 Kudos
JasonBurrell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I also noticed on the last two install I have done that no storage profiles show up after multiple rescans but new profiles show up.  This causes me to delete existing and recreate them which is not a big deal but I wish I knew what I was doing to cause this behivor.

0 Kudos