VMware Cloud Community
JustinPaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCloud 1.5 Ghost vApps ?

I have vCloud director 1.5 running in my lab, and the other day the lab lost power. I figured everything back up after the outage and now three of my organizations say that vApps or networks still exist when they do not.

Is there any way to "sync up" vClouds database with vCenter ?

For example one of the Orgs (jpaul) has 4 vApps that are currently running and visible from the vCloud director, but from the admin interface it says 5 exist...

also i have a customer1 and customer2 account that say that 1 vApp exists but i have went through every page i could find in the vCD interface and non exist. In vCenter there is just a resource pool for Customer2, and two VMs in it... nothing for customer1?

Obviously this is just a lab environment so its not a huge deal but we plan to roll this out into a production environment with out VSPP stuff, just trying to make sure we know it and have any gotchas noted and avoid them.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If this is 1.5 and vSphere 5 you can try to Refresh the vCenter.  Go to the vCenter section in vCD, right click on your vCenter 5.0 and selet REFRESH.  This will force a sync of inventory, but it still may not fully work.  There is nothing today that automatically keeps things in sync.  For example take a backup, deploy a vapp, and restore the VCenter DB.  You will see something similar, although I have not yet tested if "REFRESH" will reconnect the dots.  I am testing that this week and next week.

0 Kudos
JustinPaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Chris, I tried the refresh and it did not help.

However I was able to get customer1 and 2 to completely be deleted, here is what i did.

Go into the org and click administration tab, find the users section and disable the user acount (in this case just one) and then delete it.

When you click delete you will be asked if you want to move the users objects to be owned by you.,... uncheck that box and click ok

this deletes the user and any reference to objects left, i was then able to remove the org networks and org vDC and eventually the Org.

still dont know how to remove that Ghost vApp from my jpaul Org though... i dont want to delete my entire account on that one lol    

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Wow interesting.  How did all that happen just from a power outage?  The objects were all there before hand right?

0 Kudos