VMware Cloud Community
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCD and all components - IP Change

we have moved all of our vCD infrastructure (vcloud cells / vshield / esxi / vcenter & sso) to a new location with a new ip scheme.  I changed all the ip addresses ahead of time (dns entries and all) and everything came online, then updated the ips in sql for vcloud.  can get into vcloud just fine.  vshield is registered correctly with vcenter.  now the problem is when starting up a new config, it times out trying to make calls to vshield.  i found one entry in sql in the vshield_manager table and updated that to the new ip.  is there anything else that needs to be done.

plan on putting in a support call if i can't get it resolved.

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ideally, you could have changed it in the vCenter's Properties in vCloud Director's website.  This would be the preferred method.

Otherwise, the DB update is possible and a restart of all vCD cells at the same time will align their runtime config to what's in the DB.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

after changing the vshield entry in sql and then restarting the entire environment, everything is now working correctly. 

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Ideally, you could have changed it in the vCenter's Properties in vCloud Director's website.  This would be the preferred method.

Otherwise, the DB update is possible and a restart of all vCD cells at the same time will align their runtime config to what's in the DB.

0 Kudos
ccinatl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

somehow i missed that tab.  i looked in there for a vshield reference but was only looking at the General tab and somehow missed it.

thanks!

0 Kudos