VMware Cloud Community
venkat_kapisett
Contributor
Contributor

vCD Cell auto restart

Hi,

I am facing a issue with vcd cell which will restart the service for every 5-10 min.

vcloud-director-debug.log

org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: Transaction (Process ID 71) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction. [See nested exception: java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 71) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.]
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 71) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

cell.log

Application Initialization: Complete. Server is ready in 0:53 (minutes:seconds)
Successfully initialized ConfigurationService session factory
Successfully started scheduler
Successfully posted pending audit events: com/vmware/vcloud/event/cell/start
Successfully started remote JMX connector on port 8999
Uncaught Exception. Originating thread: Thread[JMX Connector Thread [service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-root],5,main]. Message: Could not start JMX connector server
Application shutdown event: Beginning
Application shutdown event: Application stop requested. Shutting down.

Please share your ideas to solve the issue.

Regards,

Venkat

0 Kudos
2 Replies
peterdabr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HI,

I'm not convinced that jmx error has something to do with deadlocking issues happening at the db layer...

Quick thing for you to check: while having vmware-vcd service stopped, can you confirm that port 1099 is not already in use?

I'm not nearly as familar with linux as I'm with windows but since it is pointing to a localhost, can you confirm that there's no firewall that's blocking local connections?

Peter D.

0 Kudos
peterdabr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Actually, after searching a little bit for similar problems , I came across this post: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1883319?tstart=0

It was a local firewall issue in that case....

Peter D.

0 Kudos