VMware Cloud Community
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCD 10 Add vCenter, vSphere Web Client URL

With vCenter 6.7 or 6.5 do you use /ui or /vsphere-client?

I couldn't find anything in the setup guide as to what URL should be used, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct, VCD must be registered to that lookup service. So it would be /ui for a 6.7 environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just use the standard FQDN with port 443. Here's what it looks like in my VCD 10 lab.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, but I'm looking for the URL for the vSphere Web Client that's at the bottom of that screen.

Where it says:

Use vSphere Services to Provide URL

vSphere Web Client URL

0 Kudos
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Apologies, misunderstood your question. It would be /ui for 6.7 H5 client, but I have it set to the default, which vSphere will provide the proper URL directly to VCD:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you leave it on the default Use vSphere Services to Provide URL do I have to register with the lookup service?

While reading it sounded like I had to do that and then vSphere SSO is forced on me with federating the connection through vSphere SSO.

0 Kudos
paluszekd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct, VCD must be registered to that lookup service. So it would be /ui for a 6.7 environment.

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

With vCD 10 does it change the public URLs?

If I type https://public_FQDN will I still get the prompt for tenant name and then move to the tenant login or will it redirect to the vSphere SSO page (that isn't publicly accessible)?

How do you register with the lookup service?

When I type in https://vcsa_FWDN:443/lookupservice/sdk I get an error that it isn't registered.

Not finding anything on VMware docs on how to configure it other than some old info the says Federation > Use vSphere SSO needs to be enabled but I don't have a Federation tab.

Thanks

0 Kudos
chadc1979
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If anyone else runs into the vSphere Lookup Service registration issue, I had to enable the Flex UI and use it to register with the vSphere Lookup Service

0 Kudos