I am attempting to get the console proxy setup working correctly but can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. The end result is that the client is unable to open the console of a VM in their vDC. I don't see any logs in the firewall from the client heading to the IP address that I associated to the external console proxy ip int he configuration. I don't see any traffic destined for that ip hitting my firewall protecting the vCD cell. The only traffic I'm seeing is going to the http ip of the cell.
Are there any logs, messages, anything that I can look at to see what is going on here? The client supposedly had logs on the local machine from the remote console plugin but those arent there. I'm not finding anything on the vCD cell log wise. It's basically trying to troubleshoot a ghost of a problem.
Yep, no load balancer right now. This is strictly a single cell to try and get this working as a proof of concept to deploy on a larger scale. It's going well... *sigh*
There are supposedly logs on the client for the plugin but my windows machine is not creating anything so that might be 1.0 information. I've poked through the logs on the cell and didn't find anything of useful nature.
The ASA is doing static nat translations and tcp/443 allowed to both the http and console proxy ip. The log on the production ASA is flowing by rather quickly so it is of little use unless I can pick something out. The more concerning part is that I see no traffic on the ASA where the standalone windows machine is sitting. I see traffic flowing to the http ip, but nothing to the console proxy ip. If I run wireshark on the standalone windows box, I'm seeing no connections whatsoever destined for the console proxy ip, private or public.
Time to call support, may be something else going on. I have nothing left to try. We know this works so again it is somthing spefic on your setup that we cannot seem to figure out with these posts
Anyone find a fix for this yet? I have the same issue. Same config:
ASA ---> vCloud
I don't see any traffic from the ASA for any traffic trying to hit the external remote console IP.
I had to open a ticket with VMware on this since I had no idea where to go from there. Through that troubleshooting, we found that the machine I was testing the remote console with (fresh install of windows + windows updates, no software installed, etc) had a corrupted plugin installation. For whatever reason, the plugin was not initiating the connections to my VCD hosts which is why I never saw the traffic hit my firewall. Countless reinstalls, uninstalls, reboots, etc didn't fix it. The end result was to reinstall Windows on that system and it worked after that.
Not sure if this helps you though. If you want to post a new thread and link it here I'd be glad to take a look at it and try to help. Network diagrams and relevant information are helpful.
The networking for VCD is very complicated, at least in my setup. If you want to create a new thread and include a network drawing with IP's and such and post the link here, I'd be glad to look at it. I also posted a response to someone else having this issue in this thread so you can try that as well.
I'm seeing what your seeing, that the vmrc plugin will not open a connection to the console proxy IP from the internet. I'm a bit concerned about this as every external machine I've tested has failed, they can't all be corrupted installs...