VMware Cloud Community
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vApp Diagram not displaying - vCD 1.5

Hello,

I am running vCloud Director 1.5.

I am unable to see my vApp diagram that is running 59 running VMs.  I see the following message when I click on the vApp Diagram tab: "This vApp has to many VMs to display the vAPP diagram."

Does anyone know what the maximum is and if we can adjust it.  I know the maximum VMs for a vAPP is 128.

Thanks,

Luc.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HenrikZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Luc,

Did you find any solution on this problem. We just experience the exact same problem.

Thanks 🙂

/Dan

0 Kudos
cfor
Expert
Expert

I was looking for the doc on this and can not find it.  However I think the number was around 23 (thier is a GUI max in one of the docs, just not able to find it quickly).  I do know at about 12 network links starts to not always show is you have a bunch of them (I think that is an unexpectected behavior).

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
stjeanl1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not I haven't and upgrading to vCloud 5.1 did not resolve the issue.

I created a new vApp and was able to view the diagram with 20 or few VMs. 

I guess there is a limitation because you could only see so much anyway in your browser.  Perhaps there exists a tool to extract a full diagram of a vApp.  I will see what I can find.

Luc

0 Kudos