VMware Cloud Community
ingsyspfe
Contributor
Contributor

unprepare host and creation MV failed

hi,

i work with vmware vcloud director appliance,i want to create a private cloud ,i configure vcloud  appliance but i found some error like:

" The host  is managed by another  vCloud Director system "vcloud director". Unprepare the host from the other system or uninstall the agent software on the host."

i try to prepare the host but i can't

what's the solution??

i also create Vapp and virtual machine in the vcloud appliance  but the creation is failed " The operation failed because no suitable resource was found."

haw can i  correct it??

please help me and thank you for advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

It sounds like the host you are trying to use as your cloud capacity (provider vdc capacity) is already being used by another vCloud instance (or thinks it is).  If the host in your provider cluster was used before you will need to uninstall the agent from it using the vCloud instance that controls it (or re-install the host).

Each provider VDC you configure in vCloud should have a dedicated vCenter cluster of hosts.  In a perfect world these hosts will be clean and never used before (re-install them) -- this makes sure they are only used and controlled by vCloud; saving troubleshooting problems in the future.

(That all said you can share resources; just takes a little more setup and planning)

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ingsyspfe
Contributor
Contributor

tank you  cfor  what about the creation of virtual machine which is failed?

0 Kudos