VMware Cloud Community
madhanSakthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

standalone vmrc for vcloud director console

HI,

I'm using stand alone vmrc available in this link VMware vSphere 5: Private Cloud Computing, Server and Data Center Virtualization to open vsphere console.

Is there a way to use the vmrc for opening vcloud director console ?

please help me.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMRC Standalone is not supported with vCloud Director.

VMware Remote Console 7.0 Release Notes

• VMRC does not support vCloud Director, vCloud Air, and vRealize Automation virtual machines.

Therefore, you must use the provided console system within vCloud Director.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

VMRC Standalone is not supported with vCloud Director.

VMware Remote Console 7.0 Release Notes

• VMRC does not support vCloud Director, vCloud Air, and vRealize Automation virtual machines.

Therefore, you must use the provided console system within vCloud Director.

0 Kudos
madhanSakthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to open the console via .net sdk or through creating an url for the vm ?

for instance if we open the console manually the plugin uses a link https://vcd.xxxxx.de/cloud/VMRCConsole.html to open the vm console.

So, i guess this html page should accept an input like vm's screen ticket to open the console.

if so, can i create an url in any specific format to open the console ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2012/02/how-to-access-vcloud-director-remote.html is for the VMRC (not html5).

maybe between that and http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/09/how-to-generate-pre-authenticated-html5.html you can get something sorted.

note that our API forums is different from this one, and can be found here: Forums - VMware Developer Center - it's divided by Language (SDK type), so just make sure to post in the correct location there.

0 Kudos
madhanSakthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the links..i ll look into those.

0 Kudos
madhanSakthi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI..i tried the method provided in the links. Unfortunately it is not working in my case.

Meanwhile i found the Open-VMConsoleWindow cmdlet in powercli perfectly opens the vcloud vm console.

It creates a link in the format  " file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/VMware/Infrastructure/vSphere%20PowerCLI/VMConsoleWindow/VMConsoleWindow.html?host=147.73.89.34&vmid=vm-20&vmName=VM-01&ticket=cst-A5ri4bi43PVmzD46hLwEfjicMXdd567F2PBC4mzsD/R/O9eCBTpLR9PYKWlc6fssEqNFtUDLTn32Ewy7eFBNht7YLlhBT613eXZbbeZdTeWeBWa2NE85xMSgkj7EX51/wkWKDK95DD0mcGI2wgNpodilETJ0ZWtpaG/TxraQlLz8BZkzm8nQBoDbK5TNqCnGMpLYqTUovXM+cIiMztZtkqRQPCAG8dARay0IWaunRIb4cXYU1yo71TSTguUsJQeMi/jqDRBoeq+CgLAdZGqs6D64Vqsw03N2+KMrcyPUwZty6WuRXWtrd32sRAc54BNR0L0Lw4aovBf3/97SlUahAD9UNsqRPTSO6fxUSoOl2Sh7R5QLwLMM5ClyObPXYvFs-nhkzBiJWLJP2GrsFGRDhAjFW6jCFXO2D3poPOw==--tp-D8:C7:F7:3E:5D:14:A2:21:DB:1D:3A:54:3F:2E:8A:F2:EA:A4:65:91--&tunnelConnection=1"

I tried generating a similar url. But i couldnt open the console. I guess the ticket is some form of encoded string.

AcquireTicketMethod() geneartes a screenTicket which starts with "mks:\\".

can u please help me to understand what kind of encoded string is provided as ticket parameter in the url ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos