VMware Cloud Community
Akopylov
Commander
Commander

"Cannot start" VM due to "OUT_OF_VRP_CONFIGURED_MEMORY_RESOURCES"

Hello there.

vCloud Director 9.1 Build 7905680 (Centos 7.2.1511)

vCenter Server (VCSA) 6.5.0 Build 7312210

ESXi 6.5.0 Build 7388607

There was a single VM (Windows) in the organization with 4GB RAM and 11Ghz resource allocation, CPU speed is 2.6Ghz, so 4 vCPUs can be provided for VMs of this organization. This VM was configured with 4 CPUs and 4 GB RAM, but then org admin tried to deploy and power on a new VM (Mikrotik Cloud Hosted Router). Well Mikrotik CHR was successfully deployed, however this VM could not be powered on for a good reason - insufficient resources. VM Windows was reconfigured later to use 2 vCPU and 2 GB RAM, and Mikrotik VM is configured now to use 1 vCPU and 1 GB RAM, so the picture now is as follows:

VM1 (Windows): 2 vCPU, 2 GB RAM

VM2 (Mikrotik): 1 vCPU, 1 GB RAM

Total pvDC allocation: 11 Ghz (vCPU Speed 2.6 Ghz), 4096 MB RAM, 1028 GB HDD (only 20% of storage allocation is used atm).

But attempt to start VM Mikrotik is still unsuccessful: "-ValidationException OUT_OF_VRP_CONFIGURED_MEMORY_RESOURCES". If I try to allocate 6 GB RAM to the organization, then VM can be powered on without any issues.

Also this VM can be powered on with no problems from vSphere side even with 4 GB RAM limit on the organization.

I've tried to reproduce this issue in my test organization without any luck: my test org has 16 GB RAM limit and my VMs was reconfigured few times, however they still can be powered on with no problems.

Update: resolved.

The thing was in the VM Windows bugged reconfiguration. vCloud Director and vSphere show that VM has 2 GB of Memory, but the vCloud Database shows that it has 4 GB of Memory (computevm table). The resolution:

1. Shut down the VM.

2. Reconfigure it to set 3 GB of RAM, reconfigure it once again to set 2 GB of RAM.

3. Take a look into Organization logs to ensure that previous operations was successful.

4. Take a look in the DB to ensure that VM now have 2 GB of RAM.

Now both VMs of this organization can be powered on without any issues.

Сообщение отредактировано: Kopylov Anatoliy

0 Replies