VMware Cloud Community
dcouturier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

provider vDCs and External Networks

I have created 5 provider vDCs and  1 External Networks in vCloud Director.

If I look to the "External Network" tab of PvDC1, I see "External Network" listed

But when I go to "External Network" and I look to the "Accessible Provider vDCs" tab, I don't see PvDC1 anymore

If I try to start a vApp associated with this external network, I get a message like "unable to start, network ressource unavailable for this PvDC"

The "Accessible Provider vDCs" tab show me only 2 of 5 PvDCs ?

Where is the problem ? 😕

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dcouturier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Additionnal information :

the 2 PvDCs that appears in "Accessible Provider vDCs" are the first two in alphabetical order.

I try to change name of PvDC and ... I got always 2 PvDCs only and the first two (in alphabetical order)

is a bug or a configuration issue ?

0 Kudos
gladind
Contributor
Contributor

Hi dcouturier,

Did you get any resolution to your problem. I have also been facing a similar problem, in fact more. I am not able to see any network accessible from providerVDC or any providerDC from external networks. Any clues pls? I have configured dvSwitch with vSM and Edge configured properly.

One more point - while configuring Zones, one additional vSS got created even though i was installing Zones on vDS. Is this normal? Perhaps this is what is causing the issue. Attached a couple of snapshots.

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos