VMware Cloud Community
buckmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

mouse performance of linux VM's when connecting to vcloud via RDP or citrix.

Hi Guys,

I've just discovered an issue with our linux VM's  (SUSE Linux) when you access vcloud via RDP or via our citrix presentation servers.  The problem is the mouse performance is very jumpy.  I've looked at windows VM's and the mouse performs well.

I've connected directly to the vcloud services over the internal network and the mouse performs well on the linux vm's, but as soon as I connect to vcloud via citrix or a RDP then the mouse performance goes down.

for example if I RDP onto a server, then start IE on that server and connect to vcloud in that IE session.

I've tried upgrading VMWare tools to the latest version but does the same.  And i've also tried it on our old Lab Manager environment and it does the same there aswell.

It appears as if the linux driver has issues when its used via an RDP session, that the windows driver doesn't have.

Has anyone else seen this? and if so how do you fix it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

Just to be clear ... the mouse works fine in the Linux VMs if you connect directly from a desktop system to vCloud using the VMRC? (direct connect, no Citrix stuff involved)

Please be aware that Lab Manager and the vCloud VMRC are completely different. 

Lab Manager's lets a user connect directly to an ESX host and uses WebMKS.

vCloud's VMRC routes through a given cell, and is more optimized for a WAN connection.

0 Kudos
buckmp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HI Thanks or the reply

Correct if I connect to vcloud or lab manager directly then the mouse of both linux and windows VM's behave as expected.  Its only when you connect to a citrix server or through a RDP session that the linux mouse starts to jump.  over citrix/rdp, the windows mouse continues to behave normally.

I have also connected to the virtual center server via RDP and opened the VM's in vsphere via a console and the mouse behaves the same , windows great, linux jumps.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos