VMware Cloud Community
WillL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

how to change IP address of Cell?

We plan to relocate our servers and all IP addresses would reuqire to be changed, most configuration we use FQDN so just a matter of DNS update I assume.

vCD Cell's IP is hardcoded in Cells table, what's the recommended way of IP addres? Update Cells table before startup?

Anything else we should pay attention to?

Thanks,

William

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, you should update the DB before bringing the cells back up. Be sure all of them have been shut down prior to meddling with the database.

As long as you used FQDN for the certificates those won't need to be changed, but you will need to edit $VCLOUD_HOME/etc/global.properties on each cell to update the vcloud.cell.ip.primary and consoleproxy.host.https properties (again, do this before starting the cells up after the move).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, you should update the DB before bringing the cells back up. Be sure all of them have been shut down prior to meddling with the database.

As long as you used FQDN for the certificates those won't need to be changed, but you will need to edit $VCLOUD_HOME/etc/global.properties on each cell to update the vcloud.cell.ip.primary and consoleproxy.host.https properties (again, do this before starting the cells up after the move).

0 Kudos
WillL
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks! and update vcloud.cell.ips properties as well.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, that can be changed as well. It's used when re-running the configure tool to see if things have changed enough that a new UUID should be generated for the cell.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

alternatively, you could put a load balancer in front, get the new cell up and running and do the cutover.

This will help should you need to do this again.

0 Kudos
mnaga
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, kmsmith

I chenged cell IP address.

I modified global.properties.

Almost OK.

But media or vApp upload failed.

I saw log file, I find out that transfer server is old IP address.

Which table of the DB should I modify?

(proxy IP is old too)

Regards.

0 Kudos