VMware Cloud Community
jasousa
Contributor
Contributor

create external network routed - error resource pool

Dears,

i had some problems, on creating of external network routed.

At finish configuration, the job ended whith error.

Error creating Shield network appliance.
- Error creating Edge VM.
- Could not locate resource pool against which to perform operation.  Please contact your Cloud Director administrator.

I saw, the configuration, on resource pool, the are free resource, like memory, free space and cpu.

In the log of vcloud directory, i found many error like.

2011-01-11 16:23:08,893 | ERROR    | Quartz-pool-1-thread-3    | VcRetrievePropertiesProvider   | Retrieve property failed for moref resgroup-84 | #255477377
2011-01-11 16:23:08,894 | ERROR    | Quartz-pool-1-thread-3    | InventoryServiceImpl           | VC did not return a datacenter for resource pool [vcId=143385602, moref=resgroup-84] | #255477377

I

I annexed the log of error.

Please help me Smiley Wink

[]'s

0 Kudos
3 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

When creating the Provider vDC did you actually select a Resource Pool, a full Cluster or did you select a Host? (As I have seen issues like these where people selected the host instead of a rp or cluster)

Duncan (VCDX)

Available now on Amazon: vSphere 4.1 HA and DRS technical deepdive

0 Kudos
jasousa
Contributor
Contributor

I select a cluster.

After configuration, i give half of resource to cluster, half to resource pool like VDC.

is there, some place i can see the  resource, for vcenter?

0 Kudos
mathiase
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue! My Provider vDC maps to a HA/DRS cluster with tons of free unreserved CPU and memory capacity. Any help is highly appreciated!

cheers

Mathias

-- I would like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code ...
0 Kudos