VMware Cloud Community
sunvmman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

control tenants content

if i have some tenants who might be up to no good. I want to make sure they abide by the rules of no gambling sites.

how can i autmoatically check my tenants are abiding by those content rules ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cfor
Expert
Expert

This is a much bigger issue - it all depends on what type of controls you are needing (I do not think one solution is going to be the answer).

If the idea is to validate content they create, you might need to use something like VCO and VCD's task model - and create a copy and validate content on creation / import into catalog - based on your rules.

For network you can place firewalls to prevent some traffic, but you need to find the traffic, for that you would need to get a flow monitor tool, but unless you know what you are trying to catch it could be a real pain.

ChrisF (VCP4, VCP5, VCP-Cloud) - If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
sunvmman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you know of any products that i can look at ?

0 Kudos
NexusNetworks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I dealt with this issue in the past. I just simply used openDNS because it was a terminal server that I didn't want users abusing the bandwidth of the datacenter. So I set active directory forwarders to OpenDNS servers and set up my content filtering requirements. It's not the CLEANEST method, but it worked for me and is an option.

0 Kudos