VMware Cloud Community
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When uploading Media files: 'Failed to load the vCloud installations SSL thumbprint due to missing external certificates'

Running vCloud Director 5.6.

When I am trying to upload an Image I get this error: Failed to load the vCloud installations SSL thumbprint due to missing external certificates. Using selg signed certs. Been regenerated them a few times, same error.

Reading releasenotes from vCloud 5.5.1:

• Uploading a vApp or media file sometimes fails
    Attempting to upload a vApp or media file failed with the error Target SSL fingerprint mismatch detected if the vCloud Director DNS name includes cloud. This issue is resolved in vCloud Director 5.5.1.

I have the word 'cloud' in the DNS name. Should this not be fixed? I guess its a related problem.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

that issue should be fixed.

Please go into the public addresses section of vCloud Director 5.6.3 and fill in all the sections there.

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.

Will look at the Public addresses tomorrow. But I think they are filled in correct, almost 100% sure.

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

5.6.3 introduces some new fields on that page for the certificates that would be on the load balancer (if one is deployed).  SSL Offload on HTTPS would create a delta between what a client system would see (load balancer) and what the cell knows (local keystore).  Fill in the section and then the cells know the actual certificate and thumbprint to create match to the client.

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Im not using any Load Balancer. I will try it tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PercaFluviatili
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I removed all the (correct) details in Public addresses page, and after that I was able to upload  images without any problem. Strange...

IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

if you removed the addresses (for https and API) the cell will revert to using the configured IP address.  this means that the fqdn or cert has some association to this problem.