VMware Cloud Community
sorina
Contributor
Contributor

Vshield Manager+Vcloud director

What this error in Site to Site VPN :

This network does not have IPSec VPN capability. Please check if the vShield manager and vShield edge versions are up to date. Also check if the vShield edge license has VPN feature enabled.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Both vShield Edge and vShield App support VLANs, allowing enterprises to  leverage their existing infrastructure. If port group isolation from  vShield Edge is not used to separate different tenant networks, the  enterprise can leverage VLANs for this purpose instead. For vShield App,  if Security Groups are not used to separate resources with different  security profiles, VLANs can be used to provide this segmentation.

Sakibpavel 
0 Kudos
sorina
Contributor
Contributor

what is connection with my question ?  Smiley Sad

I have esxi 5 and vcloud 1.5 and vshild manager 5.0 .  but this error say to me your vshiled shoud up to date!!!Why? (this  warnning is just in vpn site to site seting)

another question:  If I want to deploye two org with 2 VAPP ,is there any scanrio for helping to me?

0 Kudos
Nick_F
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you trying to terminate the VPN on the vShield Edge? I haven't tried it out myself yet but I thought that was a separate licence (along with load-balancing) and not included in the vCloud Director licensing.

0 Kudos
glanzmann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,
I just had the same problem you had with vcloud director 1.5
and vShield Manager 5.0. The root cause was that I used the
wrong license without the vpn/load balancer functionality.
I resolved the issue by applying the right license and right
clicked on the vcloud director network and said 'Reset
Network'. Afterwards the problem was gone.

Cheers,
        Thomas
0 Kudos