VMware Cloud Community
Zerto
Contributor
Contributor

VXLAN Preparation failed - Cluster domain-c7 already has been configured with a mapping.

Hi,

I've a lab with vCD 5.1 with 2 hosts (5.1) in cluster and when I try to prepare the host for VXLAN I get the following message on the vShield:

Cluster domain-c7 already has been configured with a mapping.

One important thing, at the first time when try to prepare the host, them was on version 4.1 the preparation failed with red X, so I've upgraded the esx versions to 5.1

How do I solve it? And what is the domain-c7?

Thanks

6 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

domain-c7 is a Managed Object Reference to the cluster compute resource according to vCenter (kinda like a database index).

what it's saying is that the cluster was prepared and failed previously, so there is some mapping to it.

I have seen this error before, but it's best to file a support request with our vShield/vCloud Network and Security support team.

If this is a BRAND new deployment, you can just power off/delete vShield Manager and replace it with a new version.  If you do, make sure to deploy 5.1.2 and apply the 5.1.2a maintenance bundle from the download page.

0 Kudos
Zerto
Contributor
Contributor

If I'm replacing the vShield, the vCD configuration will not break? What you say that with a new vShield the preparation should work without this issue?

We're using NFR licenses and I don't think we can open a support case for that

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

if you have anything in vCloud Director setup for networking, which actually uses vShield ... you'd have to delete it ... including the Provider vDC.

if that's not practical, then we need to try and spot fix it.

0 Kudos
Zerto
Contributor
Contributor

I've open a case on VMware support, but meantime, I can connect 2 vShield to VC?

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

no.  only one vShield per vCenter.  anything more causes lots of other problems.

0 Kudos
trodemaster
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This worked for me. http://blog.jgriffiths.org/?p=482 curl -i -k -H "Content-type: application/xml" -u "admin:Password123" -X DELETE https://vsm.hostname.com/api/2.0/vdn/map/cluster/domain-c7/switches/dvs